Sunday, September 23, 2012

Change is a Good Thing

Change of plans! I know, I literally just announced the wedding venue. However, I just thought I'd keep everyone posted. And we have decided that while the reception will still be taking place at the gorgeous Robin Hill Mansion, the ceremony is taking place elsewhere.

Jerome and I were brainstorming ideas for our engagement photo shoot (which is happening in two weeks! YAY!) and we came up with a great idea. I was looking at a lot of photo websites, and many of them say that you should incorporate things that are important to you as a couple- like where your first date was, your favorite place, interests, etc. Weeeeell, we didn't have a lot of ideas. Jerome and I don't really hunt so the whole camo thing wouldn't work. While we love sports, there isn't really one team we die over, so I was kind of stumped. But then I realized a great place would be Robert Morris University, where we met and ultimately, fell in love (cue the corniness, folks). RMU has a pretty campus, so we'll get some great pictures. Then Jerome had ANOTHER brilliant idea. He says why don't we look into maybe renting the chapel on campus. So we went to look at it today...

And now we have a ceremony location! (I mean, I still have to call them and everything, but I love it!) It's called Rogel Family Chapel and for my non-RMU peeps, it looks like this:

The Rogal Chapel

 

I am so relieved that we thought of this! One of the biggest issues with Robin Hill is that in the event it rains or is cold (we are planning on October, so it's possible), there is no indoor ceremony location at Robin Hill. Which means I would've been stressing FOREVER over things like, moving the entire ceremony to this weird little stage thing located elsewhere in the park, getting the decorations there in the rain, getting ME there in the rain, renting a tent...but alas, those problems are gone with the addition of Rogal Chapel. And honestly, I'm kind of in love with the corniness of being able to see where we literally first met right from our wedding and incorporating that into our ceremony. It's like it was meant to be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment