Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pinterest- A Girl's Best Friend.

Don't get me wrong. Diamonds are great. Sparkly and pretty. And I love having one on my finger. But it's time to get real. And Pinterest is where it's at. Just what is it, you ask? The answer is EVERYTHING.

Pinterest has everything. If you don't know what Pinterest is, I mean it when I say you're missing out. Pinterest is this wonderful, virtual place where you can "pin" things that you like. You can find anything on the internet and pin it to a coinciding board. You can follow your friends or total strangers and re-pin the things they pinned that you think are pin-worthy. For example, I found this on the internet:

the longer you stare at it, the funnier it gets

So I pinned it to my "That's Funny" board, because well, c'mon that seal is freaking funny!

You can find anything on Pinterest, but for me, the best things are the ideas. There are tons of ideas for crafts, decorating, style, cooking, and the list goes on. Now, I swear Pinterest isn't paying me for this advertisment, I just seriously enjoy wasting countless hours clicking through the wonderful pin-tastic place that Pinterest is. Here are some super cool things I found on Pinterest:

A chart to show you what you did wrong with your cookie.
This chart showing me exactly what I did wrong to my poor chocolate chip cookies.
http://theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com/instruct.php

GENIUS. Clothes keep slipping off plastic hangers? Use a hot glue gun to apply a zig zag pattern on the arms of your plastic hangers to prevent all your wide-necked shirts from falling off. Works like a charm!
This idea of putting hot glue on hangers so your clothes don't slide off and onto the floor. GENIUS.

oooooh...good idea.
This dream laundry room.
http://www.houzz.com/photos/159476/inspiration-contemporary--other-metros



OMG. This dog. <3   cracks me up   Ah!
These adorable photos.
http://www.refinery29.com/susan-koger-modcloth-home/slideshow#slide-1
http://www.mabyn.com/
http://www.thefancy.com/

So disturbing.

This disturbing photo.
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

HA

This funny and true statement.
http://www.lolsotrue.com/rule/1223
Okay, okay, I'll stop because I could do this shit all day. But you get the point, right? In 8 photos I have summed up the beauty that is Pinterest. As I discover awesome crap and ideas, I'll share them. And when I make/create/cook/buy things, I'll let you know what's good and what flunks.

Now that you've got a good understanding of just how much I love Pinterest (I love it so much, I'd put a ring on it if I could), I'll get back to the real point of this blog, which is sharing about the wedding. Here is a little sample of the things that are inspiring me for the wedding.

           beautiful flowers #flowers #wedding     cute - especially with the initials on the tree cake stand. :)


















And last but not least, my wedding colors. (Found on Pinterest of course.)


Now that I've got the time of year and general theme down, it's time to pick a location. Alright, well that's not 100% true- I have a location picked out already. BUT, I didn't have the blog when searching for venues, so in my next post, we'll relive my experiences as I searched the western PA area for rustic, unique venues that don't break the bank. 

So until next time. 
I remain your dedicated-to-staying-out-of debt bride-to-be,
                      Shane 

2 comments:

  1. Well considering you already have a venue, my post is probably too late lol But I'm going to a wedding next weekend that's being held in a barn! My friend Beth wanted a rustic "country" wedding as well. I'm really excited to see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty set on my venue (the price is just too hard to pass up) but let me know how the wedding is! I love getting inspiration from other weddings, especially if it's in the rustic, country theme!

      Delete